Although Men are becoming increasing aware of the importance of skin care, yet most of us still have a long way to go for incorporating a regular & nurturing skin care regimen.
The following will help you set a regime for your skin.
Take each Day as a Gift to take care of your Skin. It’s important to be aware and mindful not to use any harmful chemical-based products.
1) Start the day in the morning with cleansing, toning and moisturising.
2) Apply high SPF Sun lotion every time you step out. Taking care of skin is a combination of Nurturance and Defence. Apply a high SPF sunscreen is very important.
3) Moisturise and Replenish every week. Everyday our skin is under attack from damaging radicals that break down skin elastin and natural supply of collagen and hence causing skin damage and pre-mature ageing. For nourishment one has to feed the skin through masks and moisturisers.
4) Use the products that are meant for your skin type. How we treat our skin depends on the skin types. Most of us are probably aware of the different skin types normal, dry, oily, acne prone or combination skin.
Dry skin is low on moisture. For those with dry skin should avoid harsh products, always use cream-based face cleansers and never go to bed without a nourishing night cream or a facial oil.
Oily skin is smoother in texture as it carries more sebum. This sebum also keeps skin away from wrinkling but it also leads to blackheads and whiteheads. Cleanse two to three times daily and scrub on alternate days. Use an oil free moisturiser is a must to normalise the sebum production. Always remember to use a good astringent or a toner to close the open pores.
Combination skin has some areas that are dry and some oily. Identify the areas that have more sebum production. Use the products sparingly there and use higher emollient ingredients.
Those with a normal skin are blessed and rarely have eruptions in their face. It can only happen during stress, lack of sleep or dietary alterations. For those with normal skin use a cream-based cleanser, scrub, toner and moisturiser.
5) Shave with Care. Spend more than 5 minutes in shaving. Take time as haste often results in stinging cuts and a need to redo shave again. Always shave in one direction. Choose one way and stick with it. Apply a good after shave lotion to help close open pores.