Although we are becoming increasingly aware of the importance of skincare, most of us still have a long way to go in incorporating a regular & nurturing skin care regimen.
The following will help you set a regime for your skin.
- Take each Day as a Gift to take care of your Skin.
- It’s really important to be aware and mindful not to use any harmful chemical-based products.
- One should start the day in the morning with cleansing, toning, and moisturizing.
- Taking care of skin is a combination of Nurturance and Defence. Applying a high-SPF sunscreen is very important.
Every day our skin is under attack from damaging radicals that break down skin elastin and the natural supply of collagen and hence causing skin damage and premature aging.
For nourishment, one has to feed the skin through masks and moisturizers. It is important to ensure that your masks are made with hydrating ingredients that nourish your skin.
Try the Following Skin Care Ingredients and Look Out For Them According to your Skin Type.
- Dry and Chapped Skin – Shea Butter, Almond Oil, Chamomile, Sandalwood, and Palmarosa
- Oily and Acne Prone Skin – Tea Tree, Basil, Lemon, Monoi Oil, Mango Butter, Raspberry Seed Oil, Thyme, Charcoal
- Sensitive Skin – Natural Glucan Gum, Lavender, Neroli, Geranium
- Aging Skin- Collagen, Plant Peptides, Argan, Palmarosa, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Cypress and Myrhh
How we treat our skin depends on the skin type. Most of us are probably aware of the different skin types: Normal, Dry, Oily, Acne-Prone, or Combination Skin.
Dry skin is low on moisture. Those with dry skin should avoid harsh products, Always use a cream-based face cleansers and never go to bed without a nourishing night cream or facial oil.
Oily skin is smoother in texture as it carries more sebum. This sebum also keeps skin away from wrinkling but it also leads to blackheads and whiteheads.
Cleanse two to three times daily and scrub on alternate days. Using an oil-free moisturizer is a must to normalize sebum production. Always remember to use a good astringent or toner to close the open pores.
Combination skin has some areas that are dry and some oily. Identify the areas that have more sebum production. Use the products sparingly there and use higher emollient ingredients.
Those with normal skin are blessed and rarely have eruptions in their face. It can only happen during stress, lack of sleep, or dietary alterations. For those with normal skin use a cream-based cleanser, scrub, toner, and moisturizer.
In addition to the above that applies to both men and women, shaving is an additional area. Men and Shaving go together.
Something is done daily for most men and here are some tips one can follow to make it a nurturing experience.
- Spend more than 5 minutes shaving. Take time as haste often results in stinging cuts and a need to reapply the blade on the skin.
- Always shave in one direction. Choose one way and stick with it.
- Use a good aftershave lotion to help close open pores.
- Use an exfoliant on the skin at night, this is very helpful in avoiding ingrown hair that can get stuck to the skin.
Lastly, we all have the potential to enhance our skin. It starts with self-realization and self – appreciation. Paying close attention to our looks and going with the ingredients that are suited for our skin is essential.