We want to look our best and desire our skin to be perfect. However, we often ignore the need to protect our skin from harmful sun rays. One of the undeniable steps to our skincare routine is the underestimated sunscreen. In some extreme cases, harmful rays from the sun can even cause permanent skin damage and cancer.
There are 3 types of UV rays
- UVA rays
- UVB rays
- UVC rays
Blue Light From Electronics
HEV (high-energy visible) light, also known as blue light from our laptops, TVs and phone screens, is just as harmful as UV rays. As new research indicates, more commonly known exposure to electronic devices can lead to hyperpigmentation and skin looseness. All these can be very well avoided with skin protection.
SPF is a number indicating the time taken by the sun’s UV radiation to redden your skin - the radiation that causes sunburn and skin damage. Simply put, with SPF 30, it would take 30 times longer to affect your skin than if you weren’t wearing sunscreen.
• SPF 15 blocks 93% of UVB rays
• SPF 30 blocks 97% of UVB rays
• SPF 50 blocks 98% of UVB rays
Under ideal conditions, like in a laboratory, a sunscreen with higher SPF offers more protection against sunburn and UVA damage. Unfortunately, that is not how it works in the real world. Due to other factors, like sweat and smudge, the sunscreen doesn’t stay put. Hence, one should re-apply it every 2-3 hours for adequate sun protection.
Your Ideal Sunscreen
With an SPF of 30/50, a broad-spectrum sunscreen aids skin protection from harmful UVA & UVB radiation from all directions. It shields your skin from extensive sunburn and damage, making you ready for any time during the day.
The active ingredients mentioned above are the same for all Inatur sunscreens. However, the base is different for different skin types. A special mention is the water-based gel formulas which are not possible yet with UVA & UVB as these are opaque. So the gel looks like cream for oily skin.
- Normal Skin - Lotion based
- Sun Protection Lotion SPF30 - 120ML - Non Sticky & Non Greasy Sunscreen
- Sports Sun Protection SPF 50 - 60ML - Sweat-proof & Long Lasting
- Dry Skin - Cream-based
- Day Cream - Collagen with SPF30
- Day Cream - Vitamin C
- Day Cream - Vitamin E with SPF30
- Combination skin - Lotion based
- SPF 30 - Sun Protection Lotion - Kumkumadi
- Oily Skin - Spray or gel-based
- Sun Protection Spray - SPF 30 - Oil Free with High UVA & UVB Protection