No one wants excess Facial hair. Though waxing and threading are most common ways to get rid of them but these hair keep coming back.
In the long run herbal formulas are more effective as they not only remove them but also reduces the hair growth.
Chandan Ubtan is one of oldest and most effective remedies for removing facial hair that one can use easily from the comfort of your own home. Most of the ingredients are found in the kitchen.
Ingredients - Sandalwood powder, Orange peel powder, Green Gram flour, Rosewater, and lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- Step 1 Add them together and make a paste
- Step 2 Apply it on your face, at least for 15 minutes, let it dry and remove it circulating in a circular motion.
- Gram flour and orange peel have a natural exfoliating properties and when used with rosewater and sandalwood it inhibits hair growth .
Sugaring is another way that has been used in middle east for many years. It is a very simple formula that can be simply prepared at home at stored in heat proof jar. It can be melted to apply when ever needed. This is especially beneficial for forehead, upper lips and chin.
At home sugar depilator can be prepared with these ingredients.
Ingredients - 500 gm Granulated Sugar , lemon Juice of one lemon, Strips and butter knife.
- Step 1- Add lemon juice to sugar.
- Step 2- Mix and heat in a saucepan till sugar is caramelized to a golden brown.
- Step 3- Remove from heat and add glycerin.
- Step 4- Store in heat roof containers.
- Step 5 - Apply the solution on upper lip, chin and use a strip to peel off the hair.
Oats and Kalonji Scrub- This one is my favorite and also my grand mom's formula that me and my sister used to apply as kids. Oats and Kalonji Scrub is another formula that works on retarding hair growth and removes excess hair.
Ingredients - For this we need these ingredients skimmed milk, kalonji seeds, honey and oats powder.
Step 1- Soak Kalonji in skimmed milk , leave for 10 minutes for kalonji to be soft.
- Step 2 - Add oats powder and honey to it.
- Step 3 - Apply a layer on face,let it dry and massage in a circular motion to exfoliate and remove the mask.
This can be used once in a week.
I hope that you enjoying making these natural prepration. You can reach out to me on pooja_nagdev on instagram or Pooja Nagdev on Linkedin.