How to boost immunity with Ayurveda & Aromatherapy
Ayurvedic philosophy believes that only a person with a strong immune system can be healthy. Immunity refers to our state of protection from infections, diseases & allergies. The practitioners identify the immune system as a fragment of mother nature. Immunity is a gift from mother nature that sustains us, nourishes us and protects us from outside invasions.As long as our immune system is strong, we can resist & fight any disease.
In Ayurveda, the word immunity means “forgiveness of disease”. Disease can be caused by negative thoughts and lifestyles. Any disease is a message from universe that our thoughts, actions, routine and lifestyle need to change.Disease is a message from universe about a need to change.
We have an ability to transform a disease to an opportunity.
There are many factors which can harm the ability of your body to fight foreign bodies. Factors like poor diet, lack of exercise and excess stress affect the immune system.
To prevent a disease one can get immunized by vaccination but in natural therapy, Ayurvedic System of Medicine and Aromatherapy not only deals with treating the disease but also deals with immunity factor to prevent it from recurring again. It makes you strong from within.
Ayurveda advises for a healthy immune system besides vegetables and fruits. In today’s time it is common to see people suffering from respiratory problems, indigestion problem, diabetes and other health issues. If Immune system is strong, then our body fights the infection. In Ayurveda there are different types of herbs or immune-modulators such as Amla, Turmeric, Lemon (Nimbu), Ginger, Tulsi, Brahmi and Mulethi to help improve or maintain immune system.
Aromatherapy uses aromatic essential oils which sourced from whole plants, herbs, extracts or herbal products which may all have immune-modulatory properties. Aromatherapy is an alternative form of therapy which can help to strengthen the Immune system. Essential oils help to treat and prevent diseases via different modes of administration like topical, inhalation, oral or massage.
Following are some essential oils that can help in increasing immunity; Amla, Garlic, Turmeric, Ashwagandha, Basil, Tea Tree Oil, Rosemary Oil, Ginger Oil, Orange Oil, Lemon Grass Oil and Clove Oil
Some general tips to boost immunity
- Drink at least two glasses of warm lemon water in a day.
- Exercise every day as it is a powerful way to boost immunity system. 30 to 60 minutes of exercise either vigorous or moderate is must every day.
- Whole food diet that is rich in vitamin C is important to fight of infections faster and heal the body.
- Add yogurt in your diet as it is rich in calcium, Vitamin A provides almost every nutrition that body needs.
- It is very important to get enough sleep. As sleep is the natural immune booster.
- Relax your muscles by stretching,
- a hot bath or shower.
- Spray or add some essential oils such as lavender oil, eucalyptus oil to your bath.
- Deep breathing must be religiously practiced every day. Every morning one should do pranayama for at least 30 minutes.
- Step out in the sun as this helps the production of Vitamin D in our body which is an essential element of healthy immune system.
- 5 minutes of self-massage every day adds years to your life.
- Take steam at least once in a week. Heat increases metabolic rate, increasing elimination of wastes and improving the immune system.
If we are aware, we can shield our body from any disease by boosting our immune system.
Cosmetologist & Aromatherapist