Simple Summer Reminders
Summers bring holidays and a carefree state of mind. It's a great time for travelling and relaxing .How ever we should keep our outdoor activities low .due extremely warm and humid weather. The heat can cause our skin to become dehydrated internally and externally both.
The following are simple reminders that one must follow for a healthy Summer time.
- Drink at least 3 liters of water everyday. It is beneficial for our skin as well as our internal organs. Always keep a bottle of purified drinking water with you at all times.
- It is good to consume foods rich in potassium and Vitamin C such as banana, orange juice and lemon water. These food prevent dehydration in body.
- Drink at least a glass of coconut water daily. It is a all-natural, nutritious beverage, that boost hydration, and increase your intake of important vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients.
- Drink a lot of chilled teas that have Yin (cooling) properties such as eucalyptus, lemongrass, sage and lemongrass. One can also grow these herbs in one own garden.
- Moisturise your skin even though you may sweat. If you have oily skin go with water based hydrating gels and lotions rather than oil based emulsions.
- Protect your skin from harmful UVA &UVB rays is always very important. During summers it is essential to do so as the sun rays are direct and intense.
- One can avoid stepping out during the peak hours 12pm-3pm when sun rays are more direct. In case absolute necessary then it is important to cover head and protect eyes.
- Just like or skin our scalp also loses moisturise so it is important to hydrate scalp using a good hair mask at least twice in a week.
- Summer time also brings in pollution and bugs and ticks. One must ensure to clean hands every time we step out. Our hands are carrier to a lot of germs and infections. We should also protect ourselves from the mosquitos by applying a good citronella spray.
- During summers we perspire a lot making our skin very moist which leads to clogging of skin pores. It is very beneficial to keep a Hydrosol based on our skin type handy and keep spraying every 2-3 hours.
- Eat a lot of fruits and salad with small frequent meals. Avoid outside food that is left in open for long hours. Avoid heavy food that put stress on the digestive system.
- One should reduce intake of caffeine and alcohol as it tends to dehydrate our body. As they say Prevention is better than cure. Therefore, follow these healthy
simple reminders to get through this harsh scorching summers.